- Runners exit the transition area through the Main Gate.
- Turn left out of the gate, heading west up Glen Road, runners continue up the hill
- Initial steep climb for approximately 1km (100m elevation)
- Levelling off at the top of the hill with a 1 km flat run
- At 2km mark there is a descent of 650m
- Runners continue North along this road until they reach Glenbrook (North of Carrigaloe Ferry) Turning point in lay-by across from bus stop
- Runners turn South on Strand Road and take footpath along the river front back to Monkstown
- Finish is at Monkstown Pier at a clearly marked Finish Line.